csd project not exist

Apr 29, 2008 at 12:28 PM
Hi, i have installed the msi successful. In the toolbox can see Configuration Section Designer region, but i can't find it under NewProjects. I have installed a german SV2008. Can this be the problem?
How can i create a csd project by hand?

Thanks!
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2008 at 7:03 PM
Hi Wiesel,

Indeed, it's probably because you have the German edition installed. I haven't tested this but you might be able to fix it by going into the following directory and coping the ConfigurationSectionProject.zip file from there:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\CSharp\1033

You can then put it in either of these:
  • The same directory tree as above but using the German Locale Id instead of "1033" (see if there's another Locale Id present and copy it into that one)
  • <My Documents>\Visual Studio 2008\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\

The zip file is in effect the project template, and I believe putting it in either of these locations should automatically pick it up. Let me know if it works :-)

Thanks,

Jelle
Apr 30, 2008 at 5:28 AM
I put it in <My Documents>\Visual Studio 2008\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\

It works!

Thank you.
Nov 13, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Hi jelled,

after putting the project template zip file into the first location you mentioned (in the Program Files), the template was not picked up until I run a repair of CSD.