Getting System.NullReferenceException when Running transformation

Dec 10, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Hi,

I created an issue for this but I'm not sure if that was the appropriate protocol.

I was trying to figure out how to write custom config sections when I found this tool.  I donwloaded and built a cool config group with sections.

I copied the xlm from the .config file into my config and I was able to create all my sections and elements just fine.

However I am getting two warnings and 1 error.

Running transformation: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextTemplatingB23DA7D10BAD265D026AA231C0E7AB94.GeneratedTextTransformation.TransformText()

It is not creating the .cs file except for the first partial class line.

I am also getting two warnings from the .csd file:

The 'codeGenOptions' attribute is invalid - The value 'Singleton, XmlnsProperty' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/dsltools/ConfigurationSectionDesigner:ConfigurationSectionCodeGenOptions' - The Enumeration constraint failed.

The 'codeGenOptions' attribute is invalid - The value 'Indexer, AddMethod, RemoveMethod' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/dsltools/ConfigurationSectionDesigner:ConfigurationElementCollectionCodeGenOptions' - The Enumeration constraint failed.

I'm not sure if the warnings and the error are related.

I will be glad to send any files and help out in anyway that I can.  Please let me know.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I'm sorry that you are having issues with our tool. I would like to take a look at your .csd file and get this fixed as soon as I can. Would you please go to the issue you created and attach your file, so that I may test with it?

Dec 10, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Yes, I am not at work but as soon as I get in the morning, I will send It to you.  Thanks!

Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:21 PM
To: bill@billwilliams.biz
Subject: Re: Getting System.NullReferenceException when Running transformation [csd:77765]

I'm sorry that you are having issues with our tool. I would like to take a look at your .csd file and get this fixed as soon as I can. Would you please go to the issue you created and attach your file, so that I may test with it?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (csd@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email csd@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 11, 2009 at 2:16 PM
Edited Dec 11, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Im getting exactly the same problem.

Error    1    Running transformation: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextTemplating210EC225E1C2303A17231CF1427830F8.GeneratedTextTransformation.TransformText()    ConfigurationSectionDesigner.csd    1    1 

GE

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2009 at 2:19 PM

This issue is being actively worked on at the time, and will be fixed in the soon up-coming 1.2.1 release.

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Okay guys, I've released a fix, please download release 1.2.1 and let me know if it fixes your problems.