This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

csd designer crashes

Feb 11, 2010 at 3:24 PM

hi,

I have xp, vs2008 sp1 and have recently installed csd. Looks great and promises to solve much pain!

However, I have followed the getting started pages, adding a new section and some collections and elements etc. This all works well on the designer view. Then I flick to my own code classes and try to use the config section....which works - I get intellisense and everything! Brilliant!

Problem is when I switch back to the designer view I keep getting the compiler warning:
"Warning 1 The 'codeGenOptions' attribute is invalid - The value 'Singleton, XmlnsProperty' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/dsltools/ConfigurationSectionDesigner:ConfigurationSectionCodeGenOptions' - The Enumeration constraint failed. C:\Gordon\Prototypes\MyConsoleApp\MyConsoleApp\Config.csd 14 44 MyConsoleApp"

Any ideas?

Cheers muchly in advance

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Yes, that's a known bug with the tool, it's caused by Microsoft and not us, so we can't get those warnings to disappear. All I can really tell you is that they can be safely ignored.

Also, it shouldn't crash the designer. If the designer crashes, it's caused by something else entirely.