WARNING: This build has had limited testing. Please report issues in the tracker.Samples:
A new samples solution has been created to help demonstrate usage of this tool. It is a work in progress, so please report any issues/suggestions. This solution will be added to TFS soon, but you can download it from this page (see Samples.zip)
Configuration Section Designer is a Visual Studio add-in that allows you to graphically design .NET Configuration Sections and automatically generates all the required code and a schema definition (XSD) for them.
This release targets Visual Studio 2013 and utilizes the VSIX extension architecture.
- Version 2.0.1 r7
- Added much better property descriptions to some items that were particularly confusing.
- Added some better error handling for some reported issues.
- Error is logged when "Sealed" inheritance is selected since it is no longer supported at this time. Reason is a critical problem with no known solution (comments welcome).
- Better validation of custom type converter.
- Comment editor now supports a multi-line editor.
- Version 2.0.1 r6
- IMPORTANT! The CSD would fail to generate if a diagram was saved, but a different project was selected in the solution explorer. Please update.
- Version 2.0.1 r5
- Greatly reduced complexity of solution parser and fixed some other issues. This may have resolved all of the "invalid GUI" and "not vs project" reports.
- Version 2.0.1 r0
- Copy and paste between designers.
- Source control awareness (checks out generated files).
- Fixes for AddRemoveClearMap.
- Templates now show up in default pane, instead of requiring click on "General".
Visual Studio 2010 Users
You will need to go to the version 2.0.0 R5 download.
Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 Users
You will need to go to the version 1.x downloads.