Configuration Section Designer is a Visual Studio add-in that allows you to graphically design .NET Configuration Sections and automatically generates all the required code and a schema definition (XSD) for them.
This 1.4 release has a number of fixes and improvements:
- NEW: Added support in the designer for adding validation to properties.
- NEW: Added support in the designer for adding type conversion to properties.
- NEW: Improved Custom Attributes support. A better editor, stronger typing and better serialization. NOTE: This change breaks the previous Custom Attributes support, and after the upgrade, any custom attributes must be re-entered. If you used this previously experimental feature, it is recommended that you backup the Custom Attributes data before upgrading to make re-entering them easier.
- NEW: If the file generation encounters an error, it will be reported in the Error List. Previously, these errors would be silently ignored.
- NEW: When the Indexer code generation option is set on ConfigurationElementCollections, an indexer to get collection elements by their key is now also added.
- NEW: Improved icons in the designer.
- FIX: Fixed long-present bug that caused BasicMap and BasicMapAlternate types ConfigurationElementCollections not to work properly.