Support for IIS7 Configuration Sections

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:29 AM
I know it is silly that there are two different formats - but supporting IIS7 config sections would make my life much easier...
Coordinator
Jan 18, 2008 at 2:37 PM
I was new to IIS7 config sections but looking at the documentation on extending the IIS7 configuration system, it seems that you basically would like the schema XML generated and probably the strongly typed wrapper classes as well?

If there is enough semantic overlap (i.e. if the same designer schema could be valid) then it would just be a question of having different code generators for these two artifacts, so maybe it's possible... Let me know your exact requirements (if there's more than what I described above) and I'll see what I can do.

Or, as always, if you want to build it yourself let me know and I'll make you a contributor :-)
Jan 18, 2008 at 7:45 PM
Hi,

yeah - basically it is this:

- use a different ConfigurationSection class to derive from
- configuration schema goes into a separate file instead of attributes

It should be very similar - but i haven't looked into details like collections etc...

Unfortunately I don't have the cycles to contribute. Just found this project here and thought that it's excellent work ;)

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2008 at 10:07 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.