How to get resulting dll

Dec 16, 2009 at 8:19 PM

I have create a project, say ExcelComparerConfig of csd type, added my element and collection and saved the file.

However the only thing I see in the project dir is the .csd and normal vs files. Do I need to set the following properties of the csd file

• BuildAction
  • Copy to output

And then right-click and run it ? When I do that, I get the error "The string was not recognized as a valid uri. Parameter inputUri."

thanks

Sunit

Dec 16, 2009 at 9:34 PM

I had to reboot my machine and then everything seems to work.

thanks

Sunit

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2009 at 10:34 PM
Edited Dec 16, 2009 at 10:35 PM

I'm glad it worked for you, but I'm not certain I understand what kind of problem you had. That error seems very unrelated to the CSD tool, so I have no idea what happened there. There should never be any need to set BuildAction or Copy to output on the .csd file.

Dec 17, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Thanks. In case you wonder, i'm using this on Vista Business x64.

BTW thanks a bunch for the awesome work you have done here...saved me quite some trying to code/inherit the dozen classes that ones

has to inorder to work with config sections.

Coordinator
Dec 17, 2009 at 3:11 PM
Edited Dec 17, 2009 at 3:18 PM

It's not all made by me, but thank you. I'm using Windows 7 Professional x64, I think they are pretty much "the same thing" when it comes to this.

Remember to check back from time to time, new features are being planned and implemented all the time since I joined the team here, and if you have any ideas or come across any bugs, please let me know. :-)

Oh, and I don't know if this goes without saying or not, but don't run Visual Studio while installing the tool. That can cause problems.